Expressway Nearly Here
Great that this project is on target for it's completion date. And here are some great statistics regarding the expressway!!
Did you know...
- About $1 million is spent every working day on the MacKays to Peka Peka expressway.
- There will be 3.5 million cubic metres of earth shifted for the project.
- About 312,000 truckloads, or 2.5m cubic metres of aggregate is being placed.
- On this expressway 70,000 cubic metres of concrete is being poured – enough to lay a footpath from Wellington to Auckland.
- There will be 10,000 tonnes of reinforcing steel.
- There will be 150 hectares of landscape planting.
- The expressway will have 16km of shared pathway running alongside it, with two foot bridges connecting east and west.